Without a doubt, it is the volunteers who make it possible to move forward with this initiative. There are many ways to contribute, however we believe that one of the best ways is by selflessly offering your services to others – not to mention your dedication and valuable time.
Becoming a volunteer also means adopting the initiative's ethos; to strive to help change and improve the world in which we live.
We welcome volunteers of all languages and abilities, and wholeheartedly encourage you to work with us.
Other ways of collaborating
The key to the running of this initiative is that people know about it. As such, if you are aware of or know any organisation or translator that may be interested, let them know. Of course, if you have a web site and would be able to post a link to our site, you'd be doing us a great favour.
Who can collaborate as a volunteer translator?
We originally focused our attentions on professional translators, translation students and teachers, and language and philology students. However, we encourage the participation of anyone with a sufficient grounding in any foreign language and their mother tongue to carry out translations.
People with knowledge of translation tools such as Trados or Wordfast, or HTML, will also have an advantage. Nevertheless, we have tried to explain all of these tools for those not familiar with them in the Tips for Web Site Translation and Computer Assisted Translation Tools sections.
If you wish, you can also read something about subtitling.
We need volunteers for all language combinations, so do not hesitate to get in contact with us and we will be in touch with you when a translation opportunity arises.
To register as a volunteer translator, please complete the Volunteer Translator form (you will be taken to the Mondo Agit web site).
Why become a volunteer translator?
- First and foremost, you will gain the satisfaction of helping others by selflessly offering your services. You will also have your name published on the web site that you translate by way of recognition.
- If you are a recently qualified translator or a student, we would be happy to answer your questions about the world of translation or help you with any other doubts you may have. The forum is open to all.
- As a reward for your services, we can offer you a professional web page. This service is offered in collaboration with Van3 web solutions. Van3 will create a static web page for you. The page will be in your name, with a design, a domain name and key words of your choosing. To make the most of this offer, please send us the text(s) you wish to appear on the page, along with their translations if you want a bi- or trilingual page.
- In addition, and upon completion of the necessary tests, you may also be offered an opportunity to work as a paid translator for our translation agency.
- If you are new to the world of translation, or if you are a student, we would be more than happy to answer any questions regarding translation and help you with any issues you may have. Our forum is open for all.